Saturday, December 27, 2008

So, it was Christmas Eve and all the kids were supposed to be getting their jackets on. I have set up a little station downstairs with all their winter jackets, boots, and mittens. David was down at the bottom of the stairs when he heard this scream and thud, thud, thud. Last time he looked up Mac was at the top...and now he was screaming at the bottom. "I got bleeds I got bleeds...need to go to da doctor...I got bleeds!" David picked him up and brought him up the stairs, noticing an over sized shoe at the top of the stairs which may have been the reason for the fall. Sure enough, Mac had bleeds! He had a huge hematoma the size or an egg with a little cut that was oozing blood. My first thought was "poor Mac," but my second was, "please don't be so bad that we have to spend Christmas Eve in the ER!" Thanks to the Dr. in the house and his professional opinion. We put a cold rag on it, bandaged him up and loaded the kids in the car. The whole ride Mac would let us know that he fell down the stairs and got bleeds and was going to the Dr. He got a little ticked when we pulled back into our driveway. I finally talked him out of going to the Dr. "Mac if we take you to the Dr. then he is going to give you a shot and you will get more bleeds!" Good parenting I know, but it did quiet him down and he was fine with coming home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home