Sunday, December 7, 2008

We had a really rough start with school this year. I had all the naughty kids! I was getting notes sent home from Mason's teacher, telling me that he would not stop whistling after being asked to, and that he wouldn't keep his hands to himself. Joey got a note sent home, telling me he told Miss Mindy "NO" and wouldn't get his bus vest on, got free, went to the book corner, grabbed a book, threw it on the ground and stomped it. AND then there was DEXTER. Over all Dexter has been going through a rough patch for about a year......and a half. NOT kidding! So, when I found out he could go to preschool for free, I jumped on it. This also gave Mac a break from getting pounced on all day! After three days I was met at the door by his teacher. "Allison can I talk to you for a second." "Sure!" "Well, we think Dexter might be a little immature for this program." "Well, it is designed for three year olds....and he is three so....." Her next tactic was my favorite. "Well, (she paused) we think it would be good for him to be evaluated for special ed." "Steph, we have lots of special ed at our home, and I really don't think he falls in that category, he is just very naughty, but do what you gotta do cause I am not taking him out." I am not sure if she thought I would take my child out before sending him to special ed? Obviously she doesn't know me at all!! Now things are so much better, he actually had a whole week that I wasn't met at the door by one of his teachers with a story. Mason continues to get his clipped moved to yellow at least two times a week, usually for not paying attention (he's a dreamer.) I actually like those days because when he gets home, we clean together while everyone gets to watch an hour of Sponge Bob . And for some reason I think he really enjoys cleaning with me! Joey is usually my happy go lucky kid, I have gotten fewer notes home from him. But, the other day, the Bus Driver told me that he said, "I don't like you...I'm gonna kick you!" Baby steps I guess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home