Wednesday, December 10, 2008

If you don't like the subject of poop, you might want to skip this post...however, I do have six kids and poop happens!


It was the next Saturday after the other poop incident...David and I decided to sleep in a little bit. I could hear the kids playing around 7:30...I heard Dexter and Mac come downstairs and get into the candy stash. I could hear Joey's "eeeedle eeeedle eeet." We finally rolled out of bed about 8. I asked David to go and check on the damage upstairs. I figured the worst it could be was candy wrappers all over the floor, boy was I wrong. The night before somehow Joey missed the night diaper rotation and had peed, and then decided to lay an egg for us. So, Joey was the easiest to potty train and never had a poop accident. But for some reason, those last two weeks he has some issues. It wasn't bad enough the Joey pooped his pants, but that Dexter had taken his car and got the egg stuck on wheels and drove it all over the bedroom. It was so disgusting. I thought I was going to beat them. Mason, for not telling me, Joey for laying the egg, Dexter for driving his car though it and then all over the bedroom, walls, toys, carpet, crib and Mac, cause I know he was right behind Dexter playing along. I was so MAD. I don't think I have ever been so upset at my boys. David had to go help dry wall a families house in the Branch so it was just me to clean up the room. First I bathed the kids and fed them breakfast....yelling at them the whole time. Then I gated Tia and Toby in the family room and told her she was to babysit Toby and make him happy. I took the four older boys upstairs and sat them on a 4x4 blanket and they watched me clean. I yelled at them every 10 minutes just to remind them why they were sitting on the blanket. "This is disgusting....do you like playing in poop...See this toy, it is going in the garbage..." and much more. After I would finish an outburst, Mason would always reply, "Mom you da best....I love you do much....mom you are duch a good cleaner....Mmmm, that smells good mom." It was nice to have a cheerleader, but he was in trouble too, so I would reply, "If you loved me you would have told me Dexter was playing with poop...It smells good cause mom is cleaning up poop, cause you were not a big boy and tell me what Dexter was doing." He would just smile at my replies. He really is a good boy. I changed all five beds, shampooed the carpet, smelled every corner, scrubbed the crib (it was a spindle one, and the poo car went on every spindle) I tossed any toy that I thought had something on it and disinfected the ones that I knew didn't. I don't think a room has ever been so clean. It literally took me 4 hours, and I made those kids sit there the whole time and watch me. It was lunch time and I was done, but still mad, so I loaded up the kids and we went to McDonald's to get TIA and MOM a happy meal and some ice-cream. The boys had mac and cheese and did not love it! And Tia did a really good job at her mmmmm's while she ate! As for David and I, well, we haven't slept in since!

1 Comments:

Blogger A Different Drum said...

You should seriously write a book. This is my new favorite blog! I LOVE poop stories and I didn't think you could top the last one...but this did it! In 30 years their kids are going to do it to them and they will call you and tell you how sorry they are for driving cars through poop!

December 10, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home