Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I am not the funnest mom when it comes to breaking out the crayons and markers. If fact with the latest art work that has been displayed on my walls, doors, car (outside and inside) counters and carpet might have led to a little tantrum that I threw and tossed ALL coloring devices in the garbage and wrote notes to all their teachers that "due to extreme circumstances in the Bryce home my kids will NOT be able to turn in complete homework if it calls for coloring." And it wasn't just Toby that colored on my walls, doors, carpet, car (inside and out) counters and carpet...it was Mason, Tia, Joey, Dexter, and Mac. Some were just little lines to see if it wrote on a counter, and some were names in Pen! Those were my favorite because when it said D E X X X E T E E R R D X X, I automatically assumed it was DEXTER! I loved confronting him with this and his face while he tried to Lie and say, "It wasn't me mom!" Which it totally was and finally after I said, "YOU SPELLED YOUR NAME...I KNOW IT WAS YOU!" I got an "OKAY IT WAS!" UGH! Well, slowly but surely the crayons and pencils got repurchased.

Mac has been my little artists lately and loves to color. He often asks, "Hey mom can I color you something beautiful?" How can I say no to "something beautiful?" Well, the other day I commented on his work, "MAC that is something beautiful, who is that person?" He scowled at me and said, "its not a person, its a SUN with some Ting in it!" Well in my defense it was a circle with two circles in it (head with two eyes) and long lines coming out from the side and the bottom (arms and legs) and short lines on top (hair) BUT what do I know? I'm just the mom!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom and Amy said...

You make me laugh all the time! thanks so much for having 6 crazy kids to write about! Love ya tons - Amy

January 8, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home