Monday, December 13, 2010

There is no secret that I try to be thrifty! My favorite store is the goodwil. I often find my kids new jeans with tags still on them for $2.50...and I also buy all their shoes there! I don't dare buy new shoes that they will grow out of the next month! I bought Joey and Dexter a nice pair of sneakers. Joey's were in a little more mint condition than Dexter's, but Dexter's were "super fast running shoes." Dexter is really hard on shoes and Joey, a little lighter. Dexter's shoes started to show some hard wear and tear! I started noticing Dexter switching shoes with Joey. Finally I said, "Dexter go get your own shoes on and give Joey's back to him." Dexter's feet were a little bit bigger than the shoe, but somehow he managed to squeeze all 9 toes in...ha ha, just kidding he has 10! He argued that Joey let him have his shoes...I argued that they didn't fit him...he argued that his shoes were too old...and I played it off that they were is super fast running shoes! My poor little Dexter was ashamed of his shoes! I don't want my kids to be spoiled brats, but I don't want them to be so embarrassed of their shoes that they squeeze into a smaller pair just to avoid wearing old shoes! A couple of trips later I landed a 13.5 size shoe...with Velcro straps...and pretty new. I called David and told him to tell Dexter I had a super big surprise for him when I got home. Dexter got so excited and said, "Maybe my mom is buying a hot wheels car, or a remote control monster truck, or a motorcycle for me!" David thought he was going to be so disappointed with shoes! BUT, I opened the bag and got them out and with eyes wide open he said, "MOM THOSE ARE FOR ME???? YIPPEE!!" It was cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home