Saturday, March 12, 2011

We were headed out the door to run errands and our first was to drop Dexter off at Preschool. I commented on them and how good they were at listening to me so we wouldn't be late. Toby said, "since we were good can we have some gum?" I'm not sure they were THAT good, but I gave them all a piece. I then put the remainder of the pack on the entry table in plain site. I did this on purpose to see if Dexter has grown any from stealing treats and stashing them for later! The day went on into the evening and I noticed that the pack of gum had disappeared. I asked Dexter where the pack of gum was. HE told me over and over, "I didn't take it mom." I told him over and over, "I'm pretty sure you did Dexter!" I told Tia to go check under his pillow which he followed right behind her. She came up with some wrappers...but not the same gum wrappers that that certain kind of gum came from! "Dexter I know you took it...just hand it over and you will be in less trouble!" With no response I motioned to David and said, "Lets go find us some gum!" We lifted his bed, his sheets, his pillow. Stripped his pillowcase and his backpack clean and NO GUM! I knew he took it...I just knew it, but I had no proof...UNTIL I asked David to lift up Mason's bed. Of course Dexter was in the middle of everything and I could hardly get around him at times. David went to pick up the bed and in the corner was a crumbled pack of empty gum. But, there was no gum inside. I counted how many pieces were gone, a total of 8. "looks like you get 8 spoonfuls of vinegar for lying and stealing my gum. He had a sorta look of panic in his eyes. Then he opened up his hands and there were 6 sweaty pieces of gum. Some how in between Tia coming back up with wrappers he got the gum out of its pop-package and hid them in between Mason's bed and box spring. Then when David lifted the bed up, he snagged them from his hiding place! I just looked at him and all the trouble he went to to hide his gum and the evidence and said, "well, you are still missing 2 pieces of gum...so that is 2 spoonfuls of vinegar!" The tears just started coming down!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home