Monday, November 29, 2010

I will type this since I know my kids don't read these stories yet...oh the counseling that they will need when they do! We decided on bike for the kids for Christmas. I had a friend move that gave me a couple of old bikes! I was going to dress them up with a little spray paint and call it good, but then I was too slow at putting them into hiding and the kids saw them in the back of the car! I knew I couldn't give them as Christmas gifts now and told the kids they could get them out and ride them! I have to admit they were a little used and possible a little rusty! But they go through them so fast...it didn't bother me!

David was out with the kids riding bikes and asked Dexter where he got his new bike. He had one hand on the front bars, leans back, takes a good look up and down the bike, takes a deep breath in and a little ashamed said, "I think my mom got it at the Junkyard." Tia came riding by at the time and said, "ya it looks like mom got it at the junkyard!"

I'm so glad we didn't hold those back from Santa, they might have been a little disappointed on Christmas Morning!

A couple days later we were on our way to a NJ beach! We passed a yard sale that had these super rad snow sleds. David pulled around and distracted the kids while I purchased, bagged and put them in the car. David was telling the kids to close their eyes because we were somewhere special! Tia smirked and said, "Dad I know where we are at....we're at the JUNKYARD! Funny kids!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home