Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We have this clear container with a lid filled with CANDY that we call "good choice awards." I take little opportunities to point out when the kids are making good choices and give them a treat! The other day it was a rough day for Dexter. All the kids were sitting on the couch and we were talking about all the "good choices" they have been making today! I came to Dexter and told him that I couldn't think of any good choices that he made that day...ANY! I asked all the kids if they could think of a "good choice" that they saw Dexter make. Tia said, "he broke the vacuum." "Why yes he did...but lets think of a good choice that he made. Mason piped in, "he broke Dad's flashlight." "Yes, he did...but help me think of something GOOOOOD that he did." Joey piped in..."he he he hit me really hard in the back." "GOOD CHOICES KIDS...WE ARE LOOKING FOR GOOD CHOICES THAT DEXTER MADE!" Mac said with Toby repeating him, " he colored on his hands and he didn't take a nap." I was laughing at this point because I honestly couldn't think of ANYTHING good. Normally I don't go out of my way to find something good to reward, but I felt Dexter needed a little loving attention with all the negative attention he brought upon himself that day. David asked him to pick up the papers off the floor and put them in the garbage. He jumped at the chance and FINALLY made a good choice and got a piece of candy! Wow, that was painful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home