Sunday, September 1, 2013

Saturday Pony Rides!

We took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda 2 on Saturday! David and I made the plans Friday afternoon and instead of telling the kids what we were doing we left it at a "Super fun Surprise!" They all started to scream with excitement when we pulled into the Theater. I dropped David and the kids off at the door to get our tickets and seats and then ran to the grocery store to get some snacks to sneak in with my purse...evil I know! They were all great and happy during the movie! When it was over Joey said, "Okay mom what is our surprise?" I just laughed and said, "The Movie was your surprise." He started to whine a bit and said, "That's not a surprise...that's a movie...I want a surprise." I think I have spoiled turds! After the movie we needed to take the boat to the boat shop! I planned on taking a nap with the kids at this time, since I had been up since 5am! (after David's dumb phone started beeping, I gave up and went grocery shopping and to the gym, bought some sod from a guy a few houses down and transported it back and laid it...I was tired!) but David wanted us to ride along! A little grouchily I gave in and we got the boat all hooked up and headed down the road! Again, kids screaming with excitement...they thought we were going to the lake...so we played along! "Mom we didn't get our swimming suits." I told them I already packed them. "But mom, we don't have a lunch." "Oh I already made a super yummy lunch!" "But, mom, what about our boogie boards and our life jackets and our fishing poles and our towels?" The list went on and on! I assured them that it was all packed and we are going to have sooooo much fun at the lake, we even went on to tell them that we were going to have pony rides ice-cream and cotton candy! Their eyes were all so BIG! THEN....we pulled into the boat shop....and they all started crying...and David and I started laughing! Are we the meanest parents or what? We got the boat dropped off and they were all pretty ticked so David and I decided that we were going to pretend we are at the lake...we started doing hand motions of swimming, fishing, jumping off the boat and riding our ponies! Of course the actions were limited because we were driving in the car...but we (David and I) were laughing so hard and the kids...well, lets just say if looks could kill...David and I would be dead! We smoothed things over with a slushy at Sonics happy hour! We headed home, ate, took naps and got up to work on yards! David requested Hawaiian Hay Stacks, and I made way too much, so I called the Missionaries to come over and grab some dinner! What a fun full Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home